Questions and clarifications
I don't get it, how do I become a patient?
Apply here and let's chat!
Do I have to purchase a package?
Do I have to be a patient to do the Senchune Metabolic detox program?
Nope! Open to patients and non patients alike.
What is a naturopathic doctor? How are they trained? How are they different than "naturopaths" or other wellness practitioners?
Check out the answer here!
Are programs covered under insurance?
Care from licensed Naturopathic doctors is covered under most extended medical plans. Check with your extended coverage provider.
Naturopathic consultation fee $275
Naturopathic screening bloodwork via Lifelabs $250
Naturopathic genomics consultation fee (if applicable) $200
*Payment is due in full at time of evaluation session. If genomics add on is chosen, payment for add on will be at time of follow up consultation.
The senchune metabolic detox program will be invoiced as:
- Naturopathic consultation fees: $150
- Naturopathic metabolic detoxification program: $120
- Supplements for metabolic detoxification program: $130 (+GST)
Do you do in person visits or treatments?
Do you treat patients with severe health problems?
Naturopathic medicine can definitely help with severe health conditions, in conjunction with your medical doctor. We specialize in creating individualized treatment plans that help support your own body and can often act as an effective adjunctive to conventional treatments, boosting efficacy and reducing side effects. We focus on a whole person view of the body and can help identify other processes that may be contributing the disease process and hindering healing.
What about follow up appointments?
What is genetic medicine?
Check it out here
Do you see patients outside BC?
Please contact me
Do you see people in person?
Currently, my consults take place in the virtual world. However, genuine human connection is important to me and I always try to keep our human-ness in mind.
How is the program delivered?
The entire program is delivered virtually via secure PHIPA compliant software. There will be video, written, and practical content.
Do I have to be a patient to do this program?
Is this program right for me right now?
Senchune is designed to be effective and powerful, yet safe for most people. If you are not pregnant and are not experiencing and comorbid health conditions, you should be good to go.
That being said, detoxing can sometimes push the body in ways it is not ready to be pushed. That is what makes our program different. You are not doing this alone, and we will be in collaboration the entire way.
Before beginning the program, we will virtually meet to go over any pre-existing conditions or concerns, along with your goals. If at any point either of us feel like it is not a good idea to proceed, you will be refunded 100%.
The Senchune program is currently open to residents of British Columbia, Canada only.
Who is this program not for?
Metabolic detoxification programs are safe, with very few exceptions.
You should not participate in a metabolic detoxification program if you are:
You should not participate in a metabolic detoxification program without the guidance of a healthcare professional if you:
- Are using a prescription medication that has potentially dangerous side effects
- Are using a prescription medication to manage a potentially fatal health condition
- Have diabetes mellitus
- Have a liver condition
- Have a kidney condition
- Have a history of an eating disorder
If you have any of the above conditions, contact me for more info.
Can I do this program if I am pregnant?
To keep it simple, no.
Do I actually need to detox? Doesn't my body do that anyway?
Check out the answer here
How am I supported?
Throughout the program, you will have the knowledge of what you are doing, what to expect, and when to ask for help. You will meet with your coach (and group, if you are in the group program) before each phase of the detox where we will discuss the next steps, in depth and what to expect.
In addition, you will have access to a library of online resources with information about what is happening and what to expect.
You can also choose to be part of a secure, moderated forum to ask questions and share experiences, and will have email access to your coach throughout.
Why do I need a guide? Can’t I just do my own detox program?
Although you can safely complete a metabolic detoxification program on your own, you will optimize the results of your program with guidance from a naturopathic doctor.
A successful metabolic detoxification program requires management of many biochemical and physiological factors, including:
- Minimization of potentially toxic substances in the diet
- Mobilization of fat-soluble toxins from body tissues
- Consumption of nutrients that support your body’s phase 1 and phase 2 metabolic detoxification pathways, minimize potential for side effects, and optimize kidney excretion of water-soluble toxins
- Increasing of bile production and secretion to maximize excretion of fat-soluble toxins
- Maintenance of daily bowel habits to ensure excretion of fat-soluble toxins
- Protection, if appropriate, of liver cells
- Many commercially available detoxification products address only one or a few of these parameters.
- Naturopathic doctors are qualified healthcare professionals in the biochemistry of metabolic detoxification; and nutritional counseling and use of nutritional supplements and botanical (herbal) medicines to optimize your body’s metabolic detoxification potential.